Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instrument drivers for Wavetek 4808 and Wavetek 1281

I am looking for instrument drivers for  multifunction calibrator Wavetek 4808 and Wavetek 1281. Unfortunately they are not listed in www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/default.htm.
I sent  driver request  for one of the driver (W4808) and the answer of National Instruments Driver Team was that they cannot develop instrument drivers for all the requests they receive. One of the option they gave me for providing drivers was to search in discussion forum. 
I would like to ask anyone who have the same problems and have already solved it to help me.   

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,639 Views)
Hi isp,

Are any of the Wavetek drivers listed in the instrument driver network similar in function to the Wavetek 4808 or 1281? If so, you could start with those and modify for your needs that is if you don't end up finding instrument specific drivers elsewhere.

Cheers,

--Russ

Message Edited by Russ Evans on 06-01-2006 12:48 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,632 Views)

I'm looking for this driver.  Any leads?

- les

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,305 Views)
Hi Les,

You might want to look developing an instrument driver yourself. There is information on this here.

Good luck!
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,282 Views)

Wow!  Thanks for the link.  I had already resigned myself to creating my own driver.  I didn't know about the driver creation wizard.  It will certainly help me as I have to write drivers for a DMM and voltage source.

- les

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,274 Views)

Please consider sharing your instrument driver for Wavetek 4808 and Wavetek 1281 on IDNet:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.sub_driver

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,047 Views)

My application required only 2 or 3 VIs of the several dozen that would be required to do a full implementation.  So I only wrote 2 or 3.

- les

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,032 Views)