Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am getting problem connecting fluke 8845A DMM via LAn port

got successfull ping from DMM.

generated a port for tcp/ip socket ip:host name from Measurement and Automation xplorer. but an error occurs when i run the  labview GUI. expecting successfull solution, friends...

i have inst. driver which shows interface only via GPIB and serial, is there another drivers for LAN interface?

error message: resource was not present in system

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,382 Views)

The 8845/8846 ethernet interface is not VXI-11 compliant (does not comply with the standard) and that is why is doen't work in MAX.

The LabVIEW driver is written using VISA and VISA supports interfaces (GPIB, USB (TMC), Serial, and Ethernt (VXI-11)) if they comply with standards and the instrument is configured correctly in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,365 Views)

what to do for making my current ethernet connection VXI -11 compliant??? i want to interface DMM using LAN port only. is there any way to establish it successfully?

using command prompt, i gave command of "telnet <IP adress of DMM>" . replying this, it reads hostname of DMM and asks for log in and password. how can i find above details?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,354 Views)

This would have to be done by the Manufacturer (Fluke) in a firmware update for the instrument.  You might try asking them if they have plans on making a firmware update that would make the ethernet interface VXI-11 complaint.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,346 Views)

thank u jjp377.....Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,333 Views)