From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to acquire data from hp34970a using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

I am new to LABVIEW. i saw a vi example on agilent 34970 ez scan. Can i add or make changes to tat example to run my vi? when i run the example the instrument is takin juz one scan and stopping. wat shud i do to run it for a while? where shud i make the changes for triggering and scanning? 

can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,011 Views)

You can make any changes you want to any VI. I would advise you to save the modified VI with a new name and in a new location.

To run for a while, use a while loop.Smiley Wink

The advanced scan example is a good place to start for continous acquisition.  A loop around the trigger, status, and read should work. You would also want the data conversion loop to be inside the acquisition loop.

You should also make use of the search options. You would have seen this current thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,997 Views)

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for ur info.... takin the example as the reference i created a vi with all the necessary sub vis.... let me explain u in detail abt my problem

i am using hp34970a agilent data acquisition unit.. i need to read dc current data(real time) using labview..i need to read only one channel... i gave all the configuration settings and triggering parameters...but when i run the program...the instrument is scanning juz for a microsec and is stopping...i dont understand why..if there is no loop does tat mean tat the vi will run only once??  .i am attaching the vi..can u please have a look over it and let me knw where i am goin wrong??

if i am succesful in reading the data, i have to process it...

thanks

priyanka

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,992 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pri2686

Yes, if you have no loop, the code will only run once. Did you look at the example in the thread I gave?

You might want to take the tutorials.

Message 4 of 5
(3,989 Views)

Thanks a lot for your information! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,980 Views)