Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help:gpib-usb-b can not work

I have a GPIB-USB-B adapter,after install the NI488.2   3.0.2    in my system(win7 32bit),the windows device manager find a " GPIB-USB-B Initialization "without any yellow exclamation icon.But I can't find any GPIB interface  in Measurement & Automation Explorer or VISA interactive Control,the LED on the GPIB-USB-B is still in dark.Please tell me how to do next. I've reinstalled the NI488.2,change the version 2.8.1 ,changed USB port and another computer,nothing happened

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,186 Views)

Did you install NI VISA, too? Required for working with hardware interfaces in MAX. Else you won't have any GPIB resources available.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,141 Views)

I just did a fresh install of windows 10 and the latest NI-VISA (Full) and NI MAX claims that "Windows does not have a driver associated with this device".

It's incredibly frustrating because the device worked on a different fresh install when I installed the NI-VISA runtime and then the full. What is going on here? Why can I find the GPIB-USB-B on one install but not the other?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,163 Views)

I found same problem on a computer with windows 10 and I solved with manually associating driver of GPIB-USB-HS+ (not apply gpib-usb-hs standard)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,980 Views)

Thanks for mentioning that fix- saved my life!!

@walterloc wrote:

I found same problem on a computer with windows 10 and I solved with manually associating driver of GPIB-USB-HS+ (not apply gpib-usb-hs standard)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Good

@cg1234  ha scritto:

Thanks for mentioning that fix- saved my life!!

@walterloc wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,771 Views)

Where did you find driver to manually associate?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,407 Views)