Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib-enet/100 default ip address

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a GPIB-ENET/100 that has been reset to factory default. I want to set a new IP address for it, but I haven't been able to find out what the default IP address is so that I can set my computer's IP and subnet mask to allow me to find it on the local subnet. I've read through the manual on the device and searched the forums and knowledge base, but can't find anything. I know I've seen it somewhere in the past when setting up some of these previously. Does anyone have that info? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HOLMES.IV

Holmes,

How are you attempting to connect to your device? Are you connected directly via a crossover cable, or connected to the wall? If you haven't tried connecting directly yet, please try that.

Many of the KnowledgeBase articles for this device have been archived and are no longer updated, which may explain the difficulty finding them. Try the one below for setting it up if you haven't already.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C7F73559653B2C5686256E6100709D5D

Message 2 of 4
(5,631 Views)

Hi Holmes,

The GPIB-ENET/100 devices default to use DHCP to obtain an IP address. If they are unable to obtain an IP address, then you will need to use the Ethernet Device Configuration Utility to manually configure the IP address.

The Getting Started document for GPIB-ENET/100 provides additional detail on configuring the network settings.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,626 Views)

Hi Rey,

Thanks, that was the piece I was missing. I had the computer and ENET connected via an Ethernet switch, and the configuraton tool couldn't find it. Once I hooked up directly via a crossover cable, no problem.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,621 Views)