Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file already exists message on Spectrum analyzer's screen

Hello All,
I am using E4402B Agilent's Spectrum Analyzer.
I need to take screen-shot after every n mins and then again change the parameters, then take screen-shot save it on PC. I can save all the screen-shot on PC.
My Problem is i have kept my program in Loop "Changing Parameters, then saving the screen-shot" So many times in loop same screen-shot get saved and message on Spectrum analyzer appears as" File Already Exists"... SO what might be the reason??? After deleting that save file from Spectrum Memoray I wait for 5 sec and after changing the parameters i wait for 3.5 mis to take screenshot. But still this happens.. I hope anyone can tell me the solution...
Thanks in Advance,

Pals

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,622 Views)

Hello Pals,

as the error message describes your spectrum analyzer tries to save a screen-shot to a file which already exist.

You can try to change the filename, than this errors shouldn't appear any more, because you write the new screen-shot to a new file.

Kind regards,

TobyS

Kind regards
Tobias S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,596 Views)

Hi Tobys,

Thanks but every time i am deleting that file before saving. And not always i get this error. I do this process of saving the screen-shot for 24*7 so in middle like after 13 or sometime after 20  screen-shot for one screenshot i get this message and screen-shot is not being saved. So i was wondering y in middle sometimes it behave so wired... So if you can help me in same...

Thanks so much...

Pals

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,590 Views)

Hi Tobys,

If i highlight my program and then run for hours... then i dont get that error... So i guess somewhere timing problem or its when highlighted it runs step by step but in actual its misses sometimes... 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,580 Views)

Hi Pals,

this sounds that the deletion is not executed at this special moments.

But to get sure about this I would like to check this with your code. So if you can send me that, I can try out more.

Kind regards
Tobias S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,577 Views)

HI Tobys,

Yes u r right... and strange is that when i highlighted the code and then started running not a single time i got this error... Anyways... i have upload my Code....

Thanks so much...

pals

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,574 Views)

Hi Tobys,

You will need more File to check the code so attaching remaining files also...

Thanks 

Pals

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,572 Views)

Hi Pals,

in some of your VIs you are using WAITs, like in Monitoring.vi. In the last sequence you are in fact using the five WAITs parallel. In the way you put them it seems you want to wait between the reading, storing, deleting commands, but for this you would have to use an additional Flat Sequence Structure, and put each of the commands and waits in a single frame.

Kind regards
Tobias S.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,565 Views)

Hi,

Actually i was getting this error so i thought that its due to some time mismatch so i have put those delay... If i take them out then is it fine??? I am so much confused that why in middle that error comes so i was just doing trial by putting wait and all...

Thanks 

pals

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,561 Views)

Hi Pals,

you have to try it out, I can just read your VI, because I do not have the same HW equipment like you. This with the WAITs was the first thing that looked strange to me and could fit to your idea of timing problems.

The next thing is that you are initializing the FOR LOOP with different arrays, that are provided by your SubVI "SubViReading_From_Ex.vi". Please consider that the smallest array dominates the number of FOR LOOP iterations.

Kind regards
Tobias S.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,558 Views)