Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate these vi's for current control

i want to duplicate the vi's below.

one can ramp the current of the power supply to the lamp up and down and keeps it stable during calibrations; and the other measures selected lamps periodically (usually once an hour over a 22 hour period)Does anyone know the kind of examples i can search for related to this?

pic1.png

pic2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,921 Views)

The most simple thing to do would be to just modify the code that you already have. Is this compiled code? Can you view the block diagram (ctrl+E)? Even if you don't have access to the source code of these VIs, it might be more simple to just create a higher level VI that calls this VI in a specific configuration.

If none of the above applies, then I would recommend starting with the instrument drivers for the equipment you want to control (power supplies, LUX meters, etc). The drivers will typically have their own examples that should be useful. Can I ask what instruments you plan on using?

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,877 Views)

Good day

Thank you. These pictures are from a pdf document and not from the actual front panel. Its a code for a power supply using GPIB and RS232 interface

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,865 Views)

Were you able to find instrument drivers for the devices? If not let me know what specific devices you are using and I can have a look.

If an instrument driver doesn't exist, you can still communicate with it in other ways such as VISA calls. In general the drivers are easier to work with though.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,855 Views)

This is a Heinzinger  power supply. i have attached the back of the power supply below. The supplier does not provide drivers and i couldnt find any. Yes a visa vi should be able to establish the connection.PSU GPIB.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,849 Views)

Unfortunately, I don't think that we have a driver for any Heinzinger equipment. However, you should be able to contact the manufacturer for a list of GPIB commands that you can use to control it.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,828 Views)

I would not be surprised if the Heizinger is just an analog powersupply.

From the pdf I see a DAC488HR that could be settin the Heizinger and a HP34970 that could be measuring.

I have no idea what is used to switch the lamps.

If it is not too far away from Eindhoven in the Netherlands I can have a look.

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 7 of 8
(3,824 Views)

Ah, that would explain why the communication ports are on a different part of the panel.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,819 Views)