Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deloy an arduino code through labview

I am trying to develop a VI that could upload arduino sketches to arduino using labview. But I am totally lost if that's even possible.

Any ideas or thought how could it be done?

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,284 Views)

This has already been done. See here. I don't know how well it works so I'm not making a recommendation.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 2 of 9
(5,275 Views)

Thank you for your suggestion.

But i think I am being misunderstood here. I want LabVIEW to upload a already coded arduino sketch(.ino or hex file)  to upload to arduino while still running the LabVIEW.

I don't want to upload a LabVIEW vi to arduino. but to use LabVIEW to upload arduino sketches to arduino through VISA write or VISA write from file or something of that sort. since I am beginner in Instrument Control, I am not sure how would that be possible.  

So, I am looking forward to any suggestions on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,260 Views)

I don't want to upload a LabVIEW vi to arduino. but to use LabVIEW to upload arduino sketches to arduino through VISA write or VISA write from file or something of that sort. since I am beginner in Instrument Control, I am not sure how would that be possible.  

So, I am looking forward to any suggestions on this.

Why use LabVIEW?

The Arduino IDE works perfectly fine for uploading Arduino sketches.

Your post makes no sense.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,252 Views)

Oh that is different than what I thought you were asking. See this old forum conversation which uses this.

Hope is helps

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 5 of 9
(5,250 Views)

thank you again for guiding me to right path. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,244 Views)

i just have one more question. Hope I am not being annoying. 

Can this software be called using LabVIEW and how?Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,241 Views)
Spoiler
old topic but I wanted to update since I have found the solution for this.
By uploading a arduino code to arduino, which respondes to the input string data.
then I use serial write function to send string data to the arduino.

For reference, one can see how arduino handles input string data through firmata protocol. they have a firmata library.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,139 Views)

There is AVRDUDE which supports command line execution for Arduino programing.So from LabVIEW you need to executes commands ...

----------------------------

In LabVIEW there is VI known as System Exe.vi using which you can executes exe file or DOS commands(AVRDUDE commands too)

Make batch file of your AVRDUDE commands.

See attached image of batch file

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,100 Views)