Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dS2824 - 24 x 16A ethernet relay control through labview

Hi,

Has anyone controlled dS2824 - 24 x 16A ethernet relay through labview. If controlled please share me procedure with some examples.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,586 Views)

Is your boss willing to pay for provided code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,526 Views)

You may have to program it yourself.  They have their own software but I assume you want to integrate it into LabVIEW.   Open a VISA Socket connection to the devices and write and/or Read commands using VISA Write and VISA Read.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,521 Views)

The manual seems pretty clear on how to set up the device and the commands to write to it.  Personally, I would set it up to use the ASCII commands and it is quite simple from there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,517 Views)

@crossrulz, exactly.  The hardest part will be to set up the networking either as a private VLAN or on the public network with a DHCP.  The communication is just ordinary command/response.

It appears to use port 17123 (according to a figure, but not documented!!) and default to an address of 

192.168.0.123 so you need to make sure that your computer is on that subnet unless you have a local DHCP server.

then just use a visa address of TCPIP::192.168.0.123::17123::SOCKET and off you go!

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

Message 5 of 5
(2,515 Views)