From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cwinstr.ocx license

Hello,

I am developping an application on delphi 4, and I am using cwserial.ocx to access my rs232 to usb card.

But at runtime, a pop up appears saying i am using an evaluation copy of this activeX and that it wiull work for only 5 min.

What is strange is that i previously installed components works 2.0 which contains the said "cwinstr.ocx".

I tried to run the license fixer, but cwinst?ocx doesn't appears in the list of revertable license.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,530 Views)

I tried to uninstall, then reinstall the .ocx, it didn't change anything, I still got that pop up that says that I am in "evaluation only" mode.

I tried to uninstall measurement studio 2.0 then copy cwinstr.ocx to /system32 the register manually the ocx, but the problem still occured.

Anyone has an idea?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,437 Views)

Hello,

Could you please tell me what is your OS,what are the version of drivers you use on the computer and what are the version of software you use (LV, etc)?

Best Regards

David S.| Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,389 Views)

Hello,

I am using Borland delphi 4 on windows XP sp3, with cwinst.ocx version 2.0.1.386 that I found on the "component works 2.0" CD.

When I start my program, a pop up tells me it will work for only 5 mins. But i ran the program for the whole week end, and it worked fine, not only 5 min...

So it's ok, but this pop up is still annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,387 Views)

Well, I discovered something today :

At the start of my program, if I don't close the pop up that says my library is on "evaluation" mode, the program can run forever. And that's what I was doing till today.

But If I close it, a problem occurs : a click on every button of the HMI gives an exception, and the program finally crashs.

So it seems the 5 minutes warning of the evaluation mode pop up are taken into account if you close the pop up...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,340 Views)