Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current measurement at selected voltage for keithley 6487 picoammeter

Solved!
Go to solution

I am totally new in this platform and need help regarding continuous current/resistance  measurement using Keithley 6487 picoammeter and a serial bus (rs-232 straight through cable).

The current/resistance measured shall be made at a user defined voltage.

It would be great if someone with the same issue has a help on offer.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,552 Views)

@shai9841 wrote:

I am totally new in this platform

What platform are you using?  Have you tried looking for drivers for this device you can use?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,542 Views)

Dear crossrulz,

Thank you for your interest to help. By platform, I meant labview 2018. I have driver for Keithley 684X series installed and I can see three examples but unfortunately it is not what i exactly need. I was able to connect my device (keithley 6847 picoammeter) with these examples but my requirement is just measurement of current at a selected voltage. Basically, I need to give a voltage to my device and measure current from it using RS-232 straight through cable.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,525 Views)

In addition to issues stated in my previous reply, I need a continuous current measurement. My device has a range from -500 to + 500 V. I need to measure current continuously at specified voltage within this range and plot the current vs time with a stop push button to end the program. The duration of current could be few hours or even days. The measured data(CURRENT) is required for further analysis.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shai9841

Break your problem down.  First you need to figure out how to set the voltage.  I imagine there is a simple VI in those drivers to do that.  Then you need to figure out how to get your measurement.  Again, there should be a simple VI for that.  After that, put the steps in a loop and make it do what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,517 Views)