Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control Photometrics Controller CC200 through GPIB

Dear all,

I met some difficutied on how to control my instrument (Photometrics Controller CC200) using GPIB/USB interface (NI-GPIB-USB-HS). I can control the instrument to do many things. For examples, I can control the camera to take a picture, and can show the picture on the monitor of controller CC200, also I can read the parameters of the picture. But if I use the command which was used to write the current image cache to hard disk in my computer, it shows the error EABO. I have tried all the termination method, but it doesn't work.

How can I solve this problem? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,806 Views)

What programming environment are you using?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,804 Views)

Hello phywff,

Here is a useful Knowledge base regarding this error you are getting.

GPIB Error Codes and Common Solutions (Part 1)

Regards,

Miriam
Field Applications Engineer
NI Colombia
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,789 Views)

Hi Miriam and Netherlands,

Thanks for your helping.

I have try to solve the problem according to Miriam's attachment, but it still doesn't work. 

I use the Labview7.1. If it is too old?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,772 Views)

Hi Miriam and Albert,

Thanks for your helping.

I have try to solve the problem according to Miriam's attachment, but it still doesn't work.

I use the Labview7.1. If it is too old?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,764 Views)

Since you have not shown your code, it is impossible to say what is incorrect. The version of LabVIEW should be irrelevant.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,755 Views)

Dennis is right (as always)

Show your code, mabe your timeout is too short for this data.

and attach your program at least the part that is communicating with the device.

just add vi's

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,752 Views)

Thanks all,

I have not finished my vis. I just use Measurement & Automation to communicate with  the instrument. And I have tried to prolong the timeout and  I have tried all the termination method.

I need to create the vis first even if I can't use Measurement & Automation to communicate with  the instrument?

Another question: I need to save the *.img file to my computer from , so which function shall i use, ibrdf or ibrd.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,743 Views)

I use either VISA Read or VISA Read to File. I have not used the low level GPIB functions for many years and I don't remember how to set the timeout value. With VISA, it's trivial to use a VISA Property node to set it. It's also easy with the VISA Interactive Control in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,737 Views)

Attachment is my VIs.Please help me to check it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,718 Views)