From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication ethernet entre un centrale de mesure et labview

slt;

j'ai besoin d'une aide pour etablir une communication ethernet entre pc et centrale de mesure atravers labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,823 Views)

Hey nadouch,

I think you receive more responses to your question by posting in our French forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discussions-au-sujet-des-autres/bd-p/4170

It might also be helpful to know a bit more information, such as what device you're communicating with, as well as any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,784 Views)

thank you very much for your hand but my problem is that I am trying to do my final project study to master but I have difficulties with the labview pricisament treatment and the communication between a central Ethernet network measurement electric and PC (labview) to communicate with the scanner and after extracting the data and saves it in a file Execel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,776 Views)

nadouch,

Could you give us a bit more information about the device, such as the manufacturer and model number? This might help if we can look up a user manual and understand how to communicate with it.

As for the Excel file, we can easily do that with the Write to Spreasheet File VI. Here's an example of doing that: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-8226

Like I said, if you can tell us what device it is, we might be able to help further!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,765 Views)

Thanks for the help.but I have the same problem haw to make a communication between a mesurement analyser WM30 CARLO GAVAZZi and LABVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,760 Views)

nadouch,

I found a manual for the device here: https://www.gavazzionline.com/pdf/WM30IM.pdf and noticed a section that might be of interest:

Page 11: Ethernet configuration...I'd check and make sure that the IP address, port and other settings match what you're expecting and what you have configured for communication on the computer.

Do you have any other resources that came with the device, such as an instruction manual or perhaps software? There isn't a lot of information in this document I found about how to communicate with the device, and that kind of information would be necessary to figure out the correct process for communicating with the device from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,750 Views)

Smiley Happy thank you very much Mr. Daniel E, so my final project study aims to create a similar software solution suitable Powersoft software WM3096 and make a communication widh ethernet port and extract the current measures  ,voltage mesures, power factor, active and reactive energies and store messages and saved in real time in excel files (one file per day for every hour of work)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,741 Views)

Hey nadouch,

Unfortunatley, I'm not sure that pdf file contains the information we'd need to connect to the device. If you're communicating over Ethernet, you will likely need to send the device specific commands to receive responses with the data you're looking for. Does this line up with what you know about how this particular device works?

If so, we'd need some type of manual with the programming commands that tell us what to send to the device. This information may or may not be available (the manufacturer may just want you to use their software). If they do not provide this information and you really need to do the communication without their software, you could perhaps use a tool like Wireshark to watch the communication and try to determine what commands are being sent.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,729 Views)

I tried to make several simulation program to extract data from the network analyzer Kettle WM30 noting that the unit appropirié the datalogger is called MC ETH malheusement but nothing works

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,691 Views)

Hey nadouch, 

What exactly did you try with in the simulation program? Have you been able to pull data from the analyzer from to the computer? I read through some of the documents on the page, and it does not look like there are any commands in them that we can send. If you can find serial commands or an exposed API for this hardware then we can use it with LabVIEW. If we cannot find that then your best bet is exporting the data from whatever program you use to see the data.

Regards, 

-KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,680 Views)