From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't communicate with my LA-100 syring pump using RS-232

Hallo everyone,

i have a big problem in communicating with my LA-100 syring pump(it is a german brand,but almost same like other syring pump). I use a USB/RS232 conventor and RS232/RJ11 to connect the computer and the pump. I build a very typical VISA  structure,  but it doesn't work.

(Baud rate is 9600)

1.  " A triangle appears in the upper left corner of the LCD display after the pump has receivedvalid communications "  according to this from manual, it should work, because i see the triangle.  But when i send 0DIA<cr>, 0 means adress of the pump, DIA means diameter of the syring, <cr> is the termination character.  In the read buffer , i get   0DIA    back, without any error, that really confuses me.  I also send other command, just nothing happens, no error,  and always give the same commando back, which i sended.

2. In manual 10.2.2, i see the Command syntax to pump is : <command data ><CR>  , command syntax from pump is: <STX><response data><ETX>, i don't know, if hier can any problem appears in my VI. (from 10 begin the RS232 communication in manual)

I also asked the manufactory, they means it should be right with my VI and send me again the same manual , which i already have........

I struggle against this problem for already one week, i have read  in NI community maybe more than 100 posts about  syring pump,  but can't find someone, who has same problem like me. 

I would really appreciate it, if anyone can help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,137 Views)

Just a wild guess::

Can you measure the voltages from the usb/rs232 connector?

If these are 5v or even 3.3 volt your usb/rs332 connector is meant for a low voltage where real converters should have 12v.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,133 Views)

Forget about LabVIEW for the moment.

Use a terminal program like TeraTerm or RealTerm and get to the point where you are able to query the instrument and get a response.

I would chose VER query as the best place to start.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,123 Views)

Hallo everyone,

i haven't solved my problem yet, but i think the cable maybe not the right one, so i buy some cable and wait for it. When  i solve the problem, i will put my experience hier. Thanks everybody!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,089 Views)