Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9081 Connection

Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I'm still unfamiliar with the NI Forums.  So here's the background of my situation:

I'm wanting to start looking into using some NI equipment and LabVIEW in an R&D/Product Development environment.  I've acquired a cRIO-9081 that we used to have that was never used due to the engineer on the project leaving the company.  I'm having issues understanding how I can have the cRIO connect and talk with my laptop so I can see the cards that are plugged into the cRIO.  The cards that I have are NI 9219, NI 9375, NI 9205, and NI 9214.  Software side, I've downloaded the 7-day trial of LabVIEW, I've got RT Trace Viewer, RIO Device Setup, GPIB Interactive Control, NI Device Monitor, NI Launcher, and others (see picture).

NI Launcher.PNG

I've been fiddling around and I'm still new to using NI equipment beyond changing out cards/instruments when  they fail.  I'm really trying to get the ball rolling and prove to management that NI and LabVIEW is a worthwhile investment for future use beyond just this one $15,000 cart of equipment that never got off the ground.  Any advice, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated.  If more information is needed (probably) just let me know.  Thank you all in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,826 Views)

Hi, brethigh

Here is the all software that will need you to work with cRIO-9081:

1. LabVIEW 2011 or later
2. LabVIEW Real-Time Module 2011 or later1
3. LabVIEW FPGA Module 2011 or later2
4. NI CompactRIO Device Drivers 4.0 or later

for the modules you are using, you will need also install NI-DAQmx (same version in compare all above software versions).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,445 Views)