From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 34972a visa clr error

Hi

I have problem with my Agilent. He has inside 2 mux cards wich measure temperature 4w. For the test, I change channel 104 to meassure frequency.

I added the Agilent into MAX no problem, after double click, validation is working and I can read channels from my web browser.

Problem shows when I run a EZ scan from Agilent 34970.lvproj. I put to "VISA resource name" my Agilent allias and click run. The error Hex: 0xBFFF0015 shows up. I suppose its timeout error, I have german version and dont quite understand the errors showing up.

After using highlight functions it shows up, that problem is in Initialisation in function CLR. It shows up an error -1073807339.

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,506 Views)

What type of connection do you have? Just delete the VISA Clear and see if there are any more problems that show up.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,502 Views)

Hi

I have Ethernet connection. I set the IP on the device and I can communicate with it through web site.

After deleting Clear, there is an issue with writing to device. It shows the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,492 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,489 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,473 Views)

Don't link to some odd third-party site. Directly attach your images here. Use the Attachments button below or click on the Insert/Edit Image on the above toolbar.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,468 Views)

Hi

I try to use VISA Test Panel as the first step to communication with the device.

As I said, Im using Ethernet connection to the Agilent, so I don't use Baud rate etc.

Although I downloaded the Agilent Connection Expert and there I couldn't get answer to the "*IDN?" command. I change connection through Socket there with a port number 5025 and it worked!

Unfortunately there is not an easy way to do it in MAX. I went to MAX->My System-> Software-> NI-VISA 5.1->in right window tab VISA Option and in VISA Server I change listening from VISA to port 5025... It didnt change anything, there is still an error timeout.

I checked which command gives the shortest answer (in Agilent Connection Expert) and I changed Timeout to 20s-> still there is the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,463 Views)

Did you first go into VISA and create a new TCP/IP resource? This is done by right clicking on Devices and Interfaces.

p.s. You are wrong to reconfigure VISA Server.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,458 Views)

Hi

Adding the new TCPIP connection in MAX helped me to set the proper name to "TCPIP0::10.1.6.50::5025::SOCKET". With this I can now write a command into device, but still reading it cause timeout error (Attachement).

Also in vi there is the same problem, It write into the device the "*IND?" command, but after that it cannot read the answer (timeout) - (attachment 2)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,455 Views)

Hi

I've solved the problem. It looks like the drivers on NI site are wrong. The good ones are downloaded by Agilent IO Control. When installing Agilent IO Control, it should be checked that this Agilent VISA is secondary and NI VISA should be primary.

I made some changes in example Simple volt scan.vi. I exchange volt blox with the temperature ones, it gives correct values.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,424 Views)