Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 2000 x series, problem with the trigger edge vi

Hi!

I'm trying to make a program that takes a signal from a sensor using the agilent 2000 x-series driver. I set all the characteristics of the trigger, but he problem is the the program is ignoring this trigger and taking all the signal. so, when I look for the database I have a lot of data that is completely unuseful. I don´t know if I'm doing it incorrect so I atatch a screenshot of my program.

I based this program in the continuous adquisition vi that was included as an example.

Please help me.

Thank you very much

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,143 Views)

Your acquisition and trigger setups only need to be done once.  So move those to run before the loop.

Do you only want to save the last acquired waveform or all of them.  You are currently only saving the last waveform.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,082 Views)

I tried to do it but the triggers is ignored too. I need to have a continuous adquisition of pulses and save them in a .txt file, so I don`t know how to use the while loop correctly. 

When the agilent doesn't recieve any pulse, it mus be working on SIngle, and then when it recieves the pulse it must Stop and save the data in the .txt file and finaly go back to Single waiting for another pulse 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,070 Views)

Hello primo25,

As crossruiz mentioned, you’ll need to take out the trigger and setup vi’s from the while loop. How the diagram looks like? Additionally, if you need to catch all measurements and then write a file, you should use indexing mode instead of Last value tunnel mode.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,056 Views)