Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa GM10 Labview Communications

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to connect to a Yokogawa GM10 DAQ Device with LabView. I've been unable to get any sort of communication through USB(COM), or ethernet. The device will not register in NI-MAX. The drivers list the "GM10" as being compatible.

Has anyone been successful in communicating with the GM10?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,269 Views)

First, did you follow the Yokogawa GM10 Instrument Configuration Manual before trying to connect to it?

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,254 Views)

Does the device appear in your Device Manager?

David F.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CrazyMacUser

Not sure where it is in the manual, but got it working. 

In NI-Max, the LAN resource has to be added as a "Manual Entry of Raw Socket."  The IP address should be entered as normal, but the Port Number must be "34434". The Device name has to be blank as well. The Labview VIs will not recognize nicknames.

To answer any connection questions, the device works just fine with Yokogawa's viewer software and programmer. It's only the Labview integrations that were having issues.

Download All
Message 4 of 6
(4,232 Views)

some settings need to apply in gm10 web service ethernet configuration.. maintain your pc IP address there. then this will work ...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,787 Views)

Can you please send the SUB.VI shown in image, because i have issue with the create same VI for the communication with Yokogawa GM10 & LABVIEW , so please can you share this VI 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(124 Views)