Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 OS & NI Configurator 15.0 via using usb-8486 speed problem

Hi all. I have question about NI foundation fieldbus USB Interface(P/N : USB-8486). as you can see my article's subject, I have already using windows8 OS & NI Configurator 15.0. but, this system is very low speed connection between laptop and foundation fieldbus equipment such as fisher DVC positioner model. I can't find solution of this problem. so, please let me know this solution. thanks.
Message 1 of 4
(3,951 Views)

Hello,

You said "very low speed connection between laptop and foundation fieldbus equipment". Do you mean the time of recognizing FF device by NI Configurator? If so, we can't speed up it.

NI Configurator needs recognize FF devices before running. The time of recognition depends on the FF devices. Different FF devices have different number of Blocks, type of processor, etc. So some FF devices need much more time for recognition.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,948 Views)
Hello
I take advantage of your post. I have a ni-usb-8486 and a fisher dvc6000f positioner. I have to control the valve through an application in labview but I have no experience in fieldbus communication, I have not been able to develop my application. Could you please tell me how the valve is controlled using the ni8486? thank you

@ThreeLions  ha escrito:

Hello,

You said "very low speed connection between laptop and foundation fieldbus equipment". Do you mean the time of recognizing FF device by NI Configurator? If so, we can't speed up it.

NI Configurator needs recognize FF devices before running. The time of recognition depends on the FF devices. Different FF devices have different number of Blocks, type of processor, etc. So some FF devices need much more time for recognition.

Thanks!

@ThreeLions  ha escrito:

Hello,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,333 Views)
Hello
I take advantage of your post. I have a ni-usb-8486 and a fisher dvc6000f positioner. I have to control the valve through an application in labview but I have no experience in fieldbus communication, I have not been able to develop my application. Could you please tell me how the valve is controlled using the ni8486? thank you
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,330 Views)