From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't the Instrument Wizard detect my GPIB instruments?

My system has the AT-GPIB/TNT card. I can detect the GPIB instrument connected to the card with "Measurement & Automation" but when I go into Labview Instrument Wizard and try to find the GPIG instrument, all I see is Serial ASRL1 and ASRL2. What can I change so that I can detect the GPIB instruments in Instrument Wizard? I've tried everything. I have NI 488.2 v1.60 installed and NI VISA v2.01. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,752 Views)
Make sure that you check the box next to "GPIB" on the second screen of the instrument wizard. Also, make sure that what you are seeing in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) is the most recent case (refresh your screen). It is possible that the instrument is offline, but since MAX doesn't automatically refresh everytime a change is made, it may appear that the instrument is still being detected.

The following link may help.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ffe76/8e2f0a10f99519268625680400644435?OpenDocument

Kim L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,752 Views)