Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get ni4882.h file?

Solved!
Go to solution

I just installed the drivers and samples for my USB IEEE-488 board and I too would like to get a copy of the header. Please advise where it can be downloaded from, or if anybody out there has a copy please post the text. It does NOT exist in the samples directory or anywhere else on my PC (Win7).

Also, I can't believe that NI is still supplying samples in VB6 - please tell me that there are VB.NET and C# sample code somewhere?

TIA

DRC
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,273 Views)

@maylar wrote:

I just installed the drivers and samples for my USB IEEE-488 board and I too would like to get a copy of the header. Please advise where it can be downloaded from, or if anybody out there has a copy please post the text. It does NOT exist in the samples directory or anywhere else on my PC (Win7).

Also, I can't believe that NI is still supplying samples in VB6 - please tell me that there are VB.NET and C# sample code somewhere?

TIA

If you have VB.NET and/or C# installed on your PC, examples for those languages should be installed automatically

As for VB6, my current employer still forces the test engineers to use it.

I don't know where you are looking but my ni4882.h file is located in C;\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompiler\Support\C\include

Message 12 of 15
(2,268 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

@maylar wrote:

TIA

If you have VB.NET and/or C# installed on your PC, examples for those languages should be installed automatically

As for VB6, my current employer still forces the test engineers to use it.

I don't know where you are looking but my ni4882.h file is located in C;\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompiler\Support\C\include

Thanks very much for that, I found the header. I would have expected it to be in the same directory as the C code examples, since it's a prerequisite.

I have Visual Studio 2010 installed on the PC, but the only examples that were installed are standard C, VB6 and LabView. If there is another obscure directory where the dot net stuff would have been installed, please advise.

My current employer will not allow us to write new code in VB6. Not that I'd want to, anyway...

DRC
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,252 Views)

Re-install NI-488.2 software and be sure to check the setting to include examples for .NET 4.0

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,247 Views)

I have same problem

I have choosed  c language support in installer and it didn't install it. Only example, which is preset before c language support installing.

System: Win 7x64 (also Win 10x64),  NI488.2 18.5

I think about, should trow i all NI-stuff in scrap? It is not funny, many trouble and rage with instable bloatware.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,332 Views)