Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 Read Temp

Hey guys, I have been using the Watlow F4 single channel controller for almost 2 weeks now and have encoutered a problem I can't solve. To read the temp I use R? 100,1 as the modbus protocol command to the GPIB. Most of the time it will read the correct temp on the LCD, but will sometimes glitch on some numbers. For example, when the temperature is at a constant temp of 29, the LCD will show that number bu t the labview visa read will show it as "29"  or "2;" randomly. The issue also occurs for "49" making it "4=" or "85" to "8=". Any help and adivce would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,024 Views)

Can you change the strings being written to and read from the VISA blocks to show backslash codes? This might give us an idea about potentially malformed strings or unexpected escape codes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,986 Views)

Thank you for responding but I actually figured it out. Turns the long gpib extension cable was bad and just had to be replaced.

@brettski wrote:

Can you change the strings being written to and read from the VISA blocks to show backslash codes? This might give us an idea about potentially malformed strings or unexpected escape codes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,974 Views)