From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 GPIB USB HS communication problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to communicate with the Watlow F4 controller on a Tenney Enviornmental Chamber. The only port available is a GPIB port. I successfully installed the GPIB-USB-HS cable and I can see that device under MAX devices and interfaces. However, no instrument is found when scanning for instruments at defaults GPIB interface settings. I have also downloaded the Watlow F4 VI drivers and try to run from there. I got an Error-1073807346 occurred at VISA open in Watlow F4.lvlib:Initialize.vi-> Watlow F4 System set up.vi

I am using Labview 8.5.1 with 488.2, VISA, DAQmx installed.

Please see attached pictures for details. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Fliu

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FLiu
Trying the VI is pointless if the instrument is not seen in MAX. I would suggest you refer to the manual or the vendor to see if there is something you need to do on the instrument to enable GPIB communication.
Message 2 of 3
(4,450 Views)

Thanks Turns out that the GPIB to Serial Board is not working properly as indicated by the LEDS. May need a replacement

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,422 Views)