Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 Error 0xBFFC09F5

Using LabView 2010 SP1 and the Watlow F4 Series LabView drivers. I get an error when the command "Start Profile" is sent to temperature controller using the WLF4ProfileExample.vi. This is the last command and should start the pre-programmed profile before a loop is entered to read the temperature. I attached a screen shot of the code.

The error is as follows:

Error -1074001419 occurred at WLF4 Utility MODBUS RTU Receive Message.vi->WLF4 Utility Write To Register.vi->WLF4 Configure Profile.vi->WLF4ProfileExample.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-1074001419) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xBFFC09F5).

Error -1074001419 occurred at WLF4 Utility MODBUS RTU Receive Message.vi->WLF4 Utility Write To Register.vi->WLF4 Configure Profile.vi->WLF4ProfileExample.vi

Possible reason(s):

After WRITE: Data out of borders

I can read the temperature data fine using the F4 objects so communications works. Does anybody know what the error "Data out of borders" means with this MODBUS device?

Thanks for any help.

Armin.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,168 Views)

Hi cFPUser,

It sounds like one of the parameters is outside the bounds that the F4 is expecting.  Are you able to step into the Configure Profile function to try to determine what the Write to Register is sending to the F4 before the error is returned?  That should give you a good idea of what parameter is causing the error.  Once you determine which Write to Register is causing the problem, you can check the F4 manual to see if you can determine why the parameter is causing the error.  There is a table that starts on page 4.12 that shows the expected range of the parameters.

It may also be something as simple as needing to update the F4 to the latest firmware.

Regards,

Brandon V.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,146 Views)

Thanks for the reply. After some serious trobleshooting I discovered that the "WLF4 Profile Example.vi" contains a number of protocol errors. It does not follow the Watlow recommended flow for programming profile parameters. The error was caused by uploading the parameters and not the actual profile start command. I don't have sufficient time to fix that vi and luckily the provided read and write objects work and I used those to successfully program my own profile.

Armin.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,129 Views)

I work with my Watlow F4. This same problems. I can read my temperature so my connection works. Can not write any profife.

Any details how did you solve problems?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,082 Views)

I only use the read and write objects to control temperature. I use an array and a timed loop in LabView to create a profile that is run from within LabView. So LabView basically sends down temperature values at certain timed intervals to the Watlow controller. I don't use the profile capability of the Watlow at all as I didn't have time to debug the profile vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,071 Views)