From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa error -1073807346

Hi,

I'm using Labview 7.1 on a unix system to control an Agilent 4156B,

The program has worked fine until i inputed an incorrect parameter by mistake,now I'm recieving the error -1073807346 from the ' Visa open' in the 'HP415xA_Initilialize' VI. This error persists even after exiting and restarting Labview and resetting the machine.

However after logging off the Unix sysem and restarting labview again the program works again....

I've found out that the error code means (The given session or reference object is invalid).

Is there a way to reset the Visa session without logging off the operating system or closing the Labview program?

Or could you explain in more detail what this error code means? 

Any help appreciated 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,937 Views)

Hi

It can be that you entered a wrong visa resource name.

Has this driver a string that is changed into a resource in the visa open session (in the initialize vi)?

If so you can change this into a selectable resource name  directly.

Simply remove the open session function and replace the string by a visa resource (probably from the visa write--> create control).

good luck

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 2 of 3
(3,914 Views)

Thanks for the help Albert.

My computer picks up "hp4156B" as the VISA resourse name for the Agilent 4156B analyzer but this command will not work with the "Visa open"vi so i've changed the input to the "Visa open".vi to a string of the form "GPIB::17::INSTR" which is a valid command line.

So thats one problem fixed! I'm sure it wont be the last.... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,840 Views)