From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa 1073807360 error

Hello All,

I am receiving the VISA Serial Configuration Error: 1073807360.  I have attached a screen shot of my code for reference.  I am communicating with a Arduino Uno over the serial port (COM 3).  I send a byte to the arduino first, and once the byte is received the arduino outputs a certain command.  So lets say I send it over the serial port from labview a 0 to the arduino, I will output pin 2 HIGH etc etc.  I tried to reconfigure the stop bits on the port from 2.0 to 1.0.  I read in another forum that the stop bits could be the problem.  I also tried changing the flow but this did not work either.  This is for a long term experiment, so this error can not pop up.  I am using a NI 6030E with a SCB-68 to read in voltage. And a NI PXI 6527 to send out digital signals.  This is the reason for the 2 DAQ Assistants in the 16-iteration for loop.  Also,  I can easily solve the problem by stopping the VI and resetting the COM port, but the error still appears about 3 days later.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  If this is not enough info ill be happy to provide more.  My brain is fried from this problem.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(10,090 Views)

Hi,

this link may help: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Visa-error-1073807360/m-p/117293/highlight/tr...

Also you didn't attach your screen shot.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(10,087 Views)

Opps.  the program is now attached.  I read that thread before.  I changed my stop bits from 2 to 1 with 8 data bits.  This does not solve the issue.  I follow the directions in the NI website provided in that forum but still nothing.

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(10,080 Views)

The program is not attached. What you attached is an image. If you are going to attach an image, attach it as a snippet (look it up in the help).

The only obvious problem I see is that you are constantly configuring the serial port. Do that once!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(10,077 Views)

Sorry for the typo.  The SCREEN SHOT is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(10,074 Views)

The idea was for you to attach the actual VI or a snippet - not to get you to apologize for using the wrong terms. Debugging an image- especially when you use the express VIs is impossible,

In any case, take the configure serial port out of the loop as I suggested and try that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(10,070 Views)

I took the serial port out of the loop.  This did not work either.  I have attached the VI.  The forums suggest installing a windows driver called dcom98.  Does anyone know where to get this driver?  Any suggestions are appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(10,050 Views)

Could it be that I need to clear or close the VISA session after all the iterations of the for loop finish?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(10,045 Views)

If you are going to refer to something on the forum, please post a link. I never heard of dcom98.

Are you using a USB-RS-232 converter? A system error could be a problem with that. Not all are created equal. If you can, try a different make and model or see if there is an updated driver.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(10,042 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Visa-error-1073807360/td-p/117293

The link to the forum mentioned in the previous post is above.  There is no RS232 connections.  The Arduino is connected directly to USB (COM 3).  I have taken all of the other devices connected to my USB ports on my computer.  I am out of ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(10,036 Views)