Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa 1073807360 error

Hello All,

I am receiving the VISA Serial Configuration Error: 1073807360.  I have attached a screen shot of my code for reference.  I am communicating with a Arduino Uno over the serial port (COM 3).  I send a byte to the arduino first, and once the byte is received the arduino outputs a certain command.  So lets say I send it over the serial port from labview a 0 to the arduino, I will output pin 2 HIGH etc etc.  I tried to reconfigure the stop bits on the port from 2.0 to 1.0.  I read in another forum that the stop bits could be the problem.  I also tried changing the flow but this did not work either.  This is for a long term experiment, so this error can not pop up.  I am using a NI 6030E with a SCB-68 to read in voltage. And a NI PXI 6527 to send out digital signals.  This is the reason for the 2 DAQ Assistants in the 16-iteration for loop.  Also,  I can easily solve the problem by stopping the VI and resetting the COM port, but the error still appears about 3 days later.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  If this is not enough info ill be happy to provide more.  My brain is fried from this problem.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(10,108 Views)

Hi,

this link may help: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Visa-error-1073807360/m-p/117293/highlight/tr...

Also you didn't attach your screen shot.

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(10,105 Views)

Opps.  the program is now attached.  I read that thread before.  I changed my stop bits from 2 to 1 with 8 data bits.  This does not solve the issue.  I follow the directions in the NI website provided in that forum but still nothing.

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(10,098 Views)

The program is not attached. What you attached is an image. If you are going to attach an image, attach it as a snippet (look it up in the help).

The only obvious problem I see is that you are constantly configuring the serial port. Do that once!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(10,095 Views)

Sorry for the typo.  The SCREEN SHOT is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(10,092 Views)

The idea was for you to attach the actual VI or a snippet - not to get you to apologize for using the wrong terms. Debugging an image- especially when you use the express VIs is impossible,

In any case, take the configure serial port out of the loop as I suggested and try that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(10,088 Views)

I took the serial port out of the loop.  This did not work either.  I have attached the VI.  The forums suggest installing a windows driver called dcom98.  Does anyone know where to get this driver?  Any suggestions are appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(10,068 Views)

Could it be that I need to clear or close the VISA session after all the iterations of the for loop finish?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(10,063 Views)

If you are going to refer to something on the forum, please post a link. I never heard of dcom98.

Are you using a USB-RS-232 converter? A system error could be a problem with that. Not all are created equal. If you can, try a different make and model or see if there is an updated driver.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(10,060 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Visa-error-1073807360/td-p/117293

The link to the forum mentioned in the previous post is above.  There is no RS232 connections.  The Arduino is connected directly to USB (COM 3).  I have taken all of the other devices connected to my USB ports on my computer.  I am out of ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(10,054 Views)