From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA with usb device problem

I try to connect a usb device to lavview through the VISA tools, the device generate data in th form below, when I try the connection I got "time out expired" I tried to increas the time but it did not work. Any suggestions?

I attached the VI also

10:40:42,0:00:01,-0.87,0.000000,0.000000,0,00100000,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,979 Views)

Have you tested it with a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal/Procomm/etc.? Are you sure you do not have to send a command to the instrument to initiate a measurement?

Why haven't you provided the make and model of the instrument? That's pretty important information. Can you provide the programming manual or a link to it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,972 Views)

The device has its own software for getting data, but I need to connect it to Labview because I have more than one device and I want to make them all in Labview.

I tried hyperterminal but nothing appeared. I do not think there are some initialization for the device.

I attached the manual here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,961 Views)

I'm not sure why you attached that document. Itr does not contain anything on the details of the serial communication protocol. Without that, you would have to use a serial port sniffer such as portmon and use the vendor's software to attempt to capture the actual details.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,942 Views)

How you should program differs depending on the protocol that the device is using.

Virtual COMM port ?

USBTMC ?

any custom protocol?

Makoto

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,918 Views)