Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA with usb device problem

I try to connect a usb device to lavview through the VISA tools, the device generate data in th form below, when I try the connection I got "time out expired" I tried to increas the time but it did not work. Any suggestions?

I attached the VI also

10:40:42,0:00:01,-0.87,0.000000,0.000000,0,00100000,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,986 Views)

Have you tested it with a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal/Procomm/etc.? Are you sure you do not have to send a command to the instrument to initiate a measurement?

Why haven't you provided the make and model of the instrument? That's pretty important information. Can you provide the programming manual or a link to it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,979 Views)

The device has its own software for getting data, but I need to connect it to Labview because I have more than one device and I want to make them all in Labview.

I tried hyperterminal but nothing appeared. I do not think there are some initialization for the device.

I attached the manual here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,968 Views)

I'm not sure why you attached that document. Itr does not contain anything on the details of the serial communication protocol. Without that, you would have to use a serial port sniffer such as portmon and use the vendor's software to attempt to capture the actual details.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,949 Views)

How you should program differs depending on the protocol that the device is using.

Virtual COMM port ?

USBTMC ?

any custom protocol?

Makoto

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,925 Views)