Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA read problems with Agilent 4155B analyzer

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the Driver of Agilent 4155B from NI website. However, when I used the sub-vi “Op-Download Trace.vi” in the library, I found only limited kinds of traces can be read from 4155B.

1. The current and voltage traces of primary source (VAR1).
  2. If the mode of secondary source (VAR2) is current, the trace of current of it can be read. Similarly, if the mode of secondary source (VAR2) is voltage, the trace of the voltage of it can be read.

I use REAl 64-bit length data transfer format. When the trace is successfully read, the “read buffer” of” VISA read” function is like Figure 1.

Figure1.JPG

HOWEVER, all the other kinds of trace cannot be read. When I send query command to get other data variable values, the “read buffer” of” VISA read” function is like Figure2.

Figure2.JPG

Can some kind people help me to get the values of other kinds of traces?

Thank you for reading and answering.

Best regards from Liverpool.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,904 Views)

What does the programming manual say about what traces can be read?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,893 Views)

Hi nyc,

In the Programmer's Guide of Agilent 4155B Analyzer, it only shows the instruction as the screenshot below.

Manual.PNG

It does not talk about which traces can be read and which traces cannot. However, in the example it gives, the trace read is the current of primary source (VAR1) which is one of the limited traces can be read from the Agilent 4155B as my post.

Best regards.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,885 Views)

You should read the User Manual as well. The only valid output functions are CONST, VAR1, VAR2, and VAR1'.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,879 Views)

Hi nyc

Thanks for your information. But I cannot find what you said in the User Manual. Could you tell me which section it is (which page it is)? Because I need mention it in my Thesis.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,868 Views)

Dear sir, 

You can use this one

good luck

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,625 Views)