From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA error 1073807263

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use the latest Agilent 33210a instrument driver (2018) on labview 2019 to write SCPI commands through the GPIB port to a the waveform generator in order to output a triangle wave. I think that there is something wrong with my VISA resource name. I've tried both VISA resource names listed in the context help window and in the NI MAX window in this picture but neither has worked (both return this error). Please help me out, I've been spinning my wheels on this for days 😞error_message.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,792 Views)

What list is displayed when you click on the black triangle in the visa resource name?

Your GPIB interface is probably not present or has an other base address than zero.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diracnrollhalloffame

In MAX, click on the GPIB0 device.  There should be an option to set that controller as the master.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,683 Views)

In NI MAX the gpib interface ID is GPIB0

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,597 Views)

How do I set the controller as the master in the GPIB settings? I don't see an option to do that in any of the settings windows in the GPIB0 window.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,594 Views)

What ended up working was unchecking the "system controller" box in the GPIB settings window.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,591 Views)