Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA and Labview 2017?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to update my programms from Labview 2009 to Labview 2017. However, all commands adressing the serial ports do not work any more. I have installed the 2017 professional development system including drivers and therefore I assume all the VISA drivers should be included. However, my VIs do not show my PC's COM ports in the VISA resource control any more. The programs run under Labview 2017, but no command to the serial port works any more.

In the installer I also miss the option to include the VISA run-time engine, that the users will nedd to run the executable.

What is missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sylvester

That sure sounds like you are missing VISA 17.0.  Open up MAX and go down to Software.  Make sure VISA is updated to 17 and is still not at 9.0.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,900 Views)

Hi,

i have a similar issue. I'm trying to control Instruments via GPIB, but i can't see any of the Instrument's GPIB-Adresses in the VISA Ressources. However, my Visa is updated to the latest Version, and I can see all Instruments in MAX but not in Labview. Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,754 Views)