From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

Hello all,

I am using a translator board from SDI-12 to RS232 and am trying to configure the RS232 communicaiton with VISA however on the interactive control I am coming up with the following error code:

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

I can get readings from the sensor at what seems at random intervals through LV when I query however this is the error I have at the VISA Interface Control under the View Attributes tab.

Here are some screenshots of the configuration and errors.

SerialSettings.pngIOSettings.pngViewAttributes.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,752 Views)

Is your device an NI device? this attribute is only available with devices developed by NI.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,746 Views)

My device is not NI. It's a Decagon MPS-6 water potential sensor through a Vegitronix SDI-12 to RS-232 translator. Does this mean LV will not be able to communicate with my device? I apologize for my ignorance I don't have much experience with the program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,741 Views)

Ha, no worries.  We all start somewhere.  But no NI can still communicate with it, but that specefic function is unavailable, and it is one of the only unavailable functions.  What are you trying to do with the device?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,739 Views)