From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system

Solved!
Go to solution

When I am trying to communicate with the Lecroy Oscilloscope through ethernet port the following error is coming up 

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system

Please help me giving some suggestion how to go solve this

Thanks in Advance

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 1 of 6
(6,212 Views)

Hello,

Have you added the Lecroy Scope in MAX? Did you select the VISA resource name from the drop down list of "VISA Resource Name" control?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,202 Views)

Hi,

Assuming this is a Windows based scope, go to the Utilities menu and select "Utilities Setup..."  on the tabs that appear at the bottom of the display, select the "remote" tab.

If the scope is setup for TCP/IP (VICP), you need to install and enable the VICP passport available from the Teledyne LeCroy website. (I would have put a link here, but the website is down right now due to a storm causing a power outage).

Since the site is down, I suggest using the VXI (LXI-11) interface.  This does not require the VICP passport.

The passport uses a custom port to communicate with the scope.  The VXI connection does not requre a custom port.

The VISA resource for the scope with the passport will take the form of:  VICP::<ip address of scope>

The VISA resource for the scope using the LXI connection will take the form of:  TCPIP0::<ip address of scope>::inst0::INSTR

I hope this helps!

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

Teledyne LeCroy

Leonard.Brown@TeledyneLeCroy.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mjaugustin

Thanks Leonard Brown for your suggesttion. I tried to use  VXI (LXI-11) interface but it is not coming in the remote tab.How I can enable that in lecroy.I am having Lecroy wave runner

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,171 Views)

Hi,

If this is a Windows based scope and you do not see the VXI (LXI-11) selection, you may be using old firmware in the scope.  Check the version on the "status" tab next to the "Remote" tab.

If you do not mind, I would like to help you via email, or at 1-800-5LeCroy (1-800-553-2769).

I would like to take this off of the NI boards because this does not seem to be an issue with any of their software.

Let me know what the firmware version is on your scope. (I may have to get you some other versions to install before going to the latest one).

Thanks,

Leonard.Brown@TeledyneLeCroy.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,160 Views)

Hi - I have this same error in a temperature controller program. The program uses an NI-PXI-1033 and an arduino. It was built by someone else who is much better at Labview, and worked totally fine. We recently reinstalled windows and all software and now this error is showing. Could you explain at all? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,681 Views)