From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA GPIB class documentation

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for documentation on the properties and methods of the VISA GPIB class.  I have seen this previously on the NI site - a nice interactive documentation page - but can't find it now.  For example, Visual Studio intellisense shows that method IVisaSession.WaitOnEvent() has 5 overloads and I want to see what they are. What the arguments are. And be able to click the argument to see a description of the argument type, such as "EventType".  Where is this documentation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,321 Views)

Update - I see that previously I was using NI488.2 .NET.  Now I'm using VISA (e.g. private IMessageBasedSession Lakeshore_Visa;).  I'm working in Visual Studio 2019; a Windows Forms project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,318 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,278 Views)

Thanks for the reply (sorry for the delay, the system didn't alert me that someone had responded).  I'm looking for similar documentation for ivi.VISA.  I have used the NI488.2.NET stuff as shown in the link you provided, but in my latest project I somehow got on to using VISA - overall it just seems a bit simpler to implement (don't have to define and set up an object of type Board, for example).  However, I haven't been able to find documentation that defines the various methods, and their arguments and overloads, that are available for the ivi.VISA type IMessageBasedSession.  Or am I just confused and this is really a Windows thing and not an NI thing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,239 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussB
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,228 Views)