From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Functions not defined, yet they are?

Hi all,
I have some code that was written for ChIDE on a 32-bit system. The laptop that has the code working is quite old and slow, so I am trying to upgrade it to a newer 64-bit system. However, when I try to run the code it is saying that all of the VISA functions are not defined, as follows.

Capture.PNG
I have triple checked that I have the correct paths (including the IVI Foundation VISA files) in the config file, as seen here. This is how the config file for the 32-bit system (with changes to the Win64 folder within the IVI Foundation folder) looks so I am unsure about where I am going wrong.
Capture1.PNGIf anyone is able to help me to get this up and running I would be forever grateful.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,152 Views)

Where did you get the VISA files that are on the new system from? Did you copy them over from the old system or did you install them from the NI website?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,083 Views)

The IVI Foundation files were created by downloading NI VISA. The other files/folders (C:/Ch/package...) were copy/pasted from the old system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,070 Views)

Are you including the visa.h header file somewhere in your application? I can see that you're pointing to the folder that houses them but I'm not sure that explicitly includes then in your application. 

Another thought: if you are including the header file, the application might not be able to find the .dll that coincides with the header file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,052 Views)

Are You still using a 32bit version of ChIDE ?

Then you might need to adapt your setup to point  to the 32bit version of VISA ( living in C:\program files (x86) ) .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,041 Views)

I would also suggest trying this out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,025 Views)