Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Connected Instrument missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a Keysight 82357B USB-GPIB adaptor. It is shown in the NI Max as an interface and I can send commands using the VISA Test Panel. One of the issues I am having is that if I open a blank VI panel and search for the drivers the interface is not discovered?

Snippets attached

Any help would be great

Thank you

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(1,447 Views)

Hi

please show your vi? 

Did you install a an instrument driver for your connected instrument from ID net?

In the pictures you sent I saw the instrument being detected but I have no idea which counter you have.

I mean type and manufacturer!

So I also don't know what driver you need.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(1,420 Views)

Hi Albert

Thank you for your quick reply. The instrument is an EIP575 Source Locking Microwave Counter. No, I have not downloaded any instrument drivers as yet. All I can see on the Phase Matrix Inc website is what is shown in the Snippet below. Not sure if they would be any good for LV2020?  Phase Matrix was apparently taken over by National Instruments in 2017.

I am completely new to LabView so please excuse my ignorance!

When you say "Please show your VI" do you mean the VI panels within LabView?

Regards

Trevor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(1,415 Views)

Hi

These drivers will not help you directly because version 6 is not readable for LabVIEW 20.

I have somewhere LabVIEW 7 but a search for a newer version (up from version 😎 would be more handy.

Or use a manual to write the interface vi's yourself.

Anyhow when already reading is working, the communication cannot be very complex.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(1,413 Views)

Hi Albert

Thank you. That's what I thought would be the case.

If you have any idea of the GPIB syntax for setting Frequency Band and Resolution that I could try sending using VISA Test Panel, that would be great. At least I know that I will be able to control the instrument.

Its a long time since I used GPIB commands and the EIP manuals are not that easy to understand!

Regards

Trevor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(1,408 Views)

Do you have a manual or link to it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(1,392 Views)

Hi Albert

Yes, I downloaded one from the web.I have attached a copy. The GPIB stuff starts at section 4. If, with your knowledge you could work out a couple of commands, I should be able to work out the rest!

I really appreciate your efforts.

Regards

Trevor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(1,391 Views)

attachment forgotten?

Message 8 of 19
(1,363 Views)

Sorry!

Attached below

Regards

Trevor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(1,359 Views)

You might want to give this driver a try: Phase Matrix PM57xB Counter/Timer 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 10 of 19
(1,355 Views)