Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a lantronix uds2100 to read out a Granville-Philips 350 Gauge Controller

Hello,

I hope I choose the right board for my problem.

I try to read out the pressure of a vacuum which will messure by a Granville-Philips 350 Gauge Controller. As an Adapter (serial to ethernet) I should use the Lantronix UDS2100.

For the first step, there should be a direct connection between this adapter and a laptop to read out the pressure data.

I don't have a lot experience with Labview and know I have a few problems I can't solve.

(1) I installed the DeviceInstaller for the UDS. The software show the device. When I choose the device there's an Error:

"Communications error. The configuration was not received from the device.".

After this the Device Info shows an Error too (see screenshort).

I tried to upgrade the Firmeware, but it doesn't work.

(2) The UDS is not show in de DeviceManager of Windows.

(3) I tried to add the device into MAX as a VISA TCP/IP. The device won't found. When I use the ip-adress it doesn't work too. (see NIMAX screenshort).

Maybe my problemes are more based on the UDS2100 than on NI, but I hope there is someone that can help me.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,047 Views)

Please read the forum on 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Granville-Phillips-358-RS232-Module-Communic...

It is about the connecting wire that was wrong. Sometimes you need to solder, sometimes you need software only.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,002 Views)

Did you fix the Problem?
I also need to connect the Granville-Phillips 350 Gauge Controller with the Pc using the UDS2100.
I looked at the other thread, but in my case the controller is directly connected to teh UDS2100 via a 9 pin cable, so there is no adapter between the Ion Gauge and the UDS which would change the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(902 Views)