From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TDS 540 and want to retreive data points

I'm using the labview driver for the TDS 540 and I want to know how to retrieve the data points and store them into an array.  I have selected 500 points in 10divs on the scope.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,923 Views)
LMCOO,
       I am glad to hear that you are using the LabVIEW Plug and Play driver for your scope.  I highly recommend that you make sure that you can communicate with your instrument outside of LabVIEW.  In Windows, that would be Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  Once you have confirmed that things are correct there, the take a look at the Getting Started VI in LabVIEW.  Before running it, make sure that the VISA resource is the same one that you used previously to confirm that the communication settings were correct.  If and when the Getting Started VI returns data, turn on context help (CTRL+H) and explore the block diagrams of the Getting Started VIs SubVIs and their SubVIs etc...  This will allow you to get a better idea of what being configured on the instrument.
      After that, I recommend that you unbundle the waveform array and get the array of y values.  Once that is done, you should see about changing the number of samples in the waveform to 500.  Just remember that Context Help is your friend and that you just need to hover over SubVIs to read what they do and what the controls and indicators do.  If you want more information about the controls and indicators (inputs and outputs), just open up the SubVI and hover over the controls and indicators and see what the context help window has to say.

Cheers,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,905 Views)