Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown channel or repeated capability name - MAX IVI settings

Solved!
Go to solution

2Welcome,

I wouldn't say ignorant at all, everybody starts somewhere!

I think you would get more assistance if you made a new post, this one has been inactive since 2011 and the users involved may not have notifications to bring them back here.

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,952 Views)

@gagi1 wrote:

Hi PKI,

The correct physical name for channel is "1" and it was prepopulated for you by the driver under the Advanced>Instrument Driver Software Module (please see MAX1.jpg). You can name your virtual channel name however you want under the Driver Sessions>Virtual Names section but the physical name should always be 1 as specified in the driver (MAX2.jpg). In your application, make sure you use the exact same name for the virtual channel as saved in MAX.

Hi,

Anyone experience issue with Keysight new PS model N6700C? I'm having issues on the Logical/Virtual  on the IVI Tools function when in use with this new PS mainframe. Previously was using fine with their N6700B in Teststand 4.2. I have installed new IVI device driver for Keysight for this PS.

1.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,888 Views)

Having same issues with agn6700 driver.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,828 Views)

Hi DNKey,

Since this thread is older, could you repost your question with some more details as a new post? It will get more visibility and you will have a better chance of getting help.

-sarahmo

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,814 Views)

I thought I made a new post, but don't see it..

I'm using AgN67xx driver from keysight, I have set the Physical Names in Max to 1,2,3,4 for the 4 power supplies in a N6700C power supply.    I'm running the  IVI step types.seq example in TestStand, keep getting the same error as described above in this thead.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,797 Views)

OK, fixed my problem, the new drivers don't use 1,2,3,4 as the physical names.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,781 Views)

I have attached a vi snippet of the file I had created. You should be able to copy this into your block diagram and use it as is, assuming you have LV2009 or higher

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,697 Views)

I am running into this problem. After an hour of digging through documentation I haven't been able to find the new physical channels. What are the new physical channels? I find it very frustrating that these are so hard to find and that the error message doesn't give examples.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,559 Views)

on the virtual names tab, click in the physical name column and it should have a pulldown menu with the physical names.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,552 Views)