From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfamiliar physical channel

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working with a ULx labviw driver for a DAQ device from Measurement Computing.  The LabVIEW driver calls a DLL.  For one of the routine, a physical input is required.  However, it is not a daqmx physical channel input.  It is something else.  I check on he input, and I see a tag that follows it.  What type of input is that?  I can't find it in LabVIEW, and I can't create it.  I can only copy it from another program and paste it to my program.  See picture.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,456 Views)

Hi

1. It is part of your ULX driver, it probably is a typedefinition just like the daqmx but different and part of ULx
  2. You should try to right click and eventually click open typedef.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,445 Views)

Hi,

Thanks!  That pointed me to the correct direction.  I found a llb that contains the control.  However, it is only a control, but not a type def, so I didn't know that the control was stored in a llb until you pointed me to the direction.  I attached the controls llb, and I attached another llb that uses the controls.  I have some more questions.

1. What type of control is that?  I am trying to find it on the pallatte, but I can't.  It is bothering me :<  If I want to create another one, how do I do that?  

2. If you put a vi from the Create Channel.llb on a new vi and right click on the physical channels terminal to create a new control, you will realize you can't do that?  What's going on?  

It seems to me that the driver that I am using is kind of odd.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,442 Views)

It looks like MCC is defining a part of the control functionality in a .NET assembly- I don't have the dll installed)

to get these controls to show up on the palatte you need to import them.

Tools: Import: .NET Controls to Palatte.. and browse to the dlI  I'd show pictures but this silly machine doesn't have flash ....yetSmiley Sad

Untitled.png

Edit- That went faster than I thought it would

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,436 Views)

For #1, it looks like a Visa Resource name control. Right click on front panel, select I/O pallette, then Visa Resource.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 10
(3,412 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I tried your tip, and I am getting an error that says "you must have the .net framwork 2.0 or later to use .net function and applicatino.  Refer to the Microsoft Web site at ...."

I don't understand this error, because my computer has Microsoft .NET Framwork 4.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,397 Views)

I think it is different than the one that I am seeing.  The one that I am see is not visa based.  More on the .Net side.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jyang72211

Intsall >NET.  Then install NI-VISA (to provide support for .... yada yada)

Sounds like driver support was installed before ,NET so support for .NET would not be installed

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,393 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Are you saying that I need to insert my LabVIEW driver's installation DVD and install .NET?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,390 Views)
I am using the exact same driver and I have no problem at all right clicking and selecting ' Create control'.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,386 Views)