From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure GPIB-USB as non-controller using LabVIEW

Do we have to call ibonl() for every unsuccessful GPIB call (ibwrt , ibrd , ibclr ,ibpad) or when we are done with the device.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,703 Views)

Check out this KB article on how to reinitialize your GPIB board when it has an error.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,677 Views)

Hi D Biel,

Thanks for your reply. I am more concerned for Non Controller perspective.

The article KB article looks more toward Controller side.

~Himanshu.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,669 Views)

You can use ibclr for errors. ibonl should be called automatically when you close the reference to the device using VISA, but is not necessary. In fact, there is not a function for ibonl in the LabVIEW version of the 488.2 driver.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,633 Views)

hi ,

I am using Debian machine using linux-gpib-3.2.14 drivers, I am using this configuration for the Non controller end.

I am using NI visa(MAX) as Controller for sending the SCPI command. I am using NI 's GPIB-USB-HS for communication between controller and Non controller.

From non controller end if i send data of length more than 2000 bytes using ibwrt() API, then the NOn controll end seems unresponsive.

If I see the controller end through NI spy the ibrd() is called for the data length of 2000 bytes only. Seems if i call the ibwrt()(from Non controller) with more than 2000 data length it corrupts the buffer at the Controller end.

Is my understanding correct for buffer mentioned above?

Is there is any way of resolving it ? as i am using NI visa at controller end dont have any controll on it.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Regards,

Himanshu.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,579 Views)

Hi Himanshu,

Can you try writing using the ibwrtf command instead of ibwrt?  For more informantion on this please see: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3523#toc5 and http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/355AB5953EAE097886256AB500625984?OpenDocument

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,562 Views)

Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your reply.

But on the controller side NI VISA is using ibrd and ibwrt. I cant do any modification on controller code.

I am working on Non Controller end only.

Please suggest any other solution.

Thanks,

Himanshu.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,552 Views)

Hi Himanshu,

Would it be possible to use ibwrtf from the non-controller side to write to the controller side? 

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,536 Views)