Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB to RS232/4 suddnely not recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I used USB to RS232/4 which connected to two measuring devices two weeks ago. But now, USB to RS232/r is not recognized as a USB port with out knowing why it is recognized only as a USB hub. It is recognized as a USB hub, but it confirmed to have not been migrated. When I checked in MAX,  USB to RS232/4 related ports do not appear. Also, when USB to RS232/4 is connected to the computer, the indicator that appears on the ready side does not appear. I used another computer to confirm that checked USB to RS232/4 product does not have any problems.

What should I do in order to use USB to RS232/4 without any problems like 2 weeks ago?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,283 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Leodmarks

I would first try another USB port.  After that, I would try a repair on NI-Serial.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,264 Views)

If the device has a separate USB plug (typically a printer cable or USB-A to a USB-B), then try a different cable first.  It is not uncommon for these cables to break when handled.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,240 Views)

Thanks to you both. 

I solved the USB to RS232/4 recognition problem quickly thanks to your answers.

First, I try to change another USB to RS232/4 and change the another USB port, but it did not recognize.

Finally, after trying to install NI-Serial, I confirmed that the USB to RS232/4 is recognized properly as before.

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,224 Views)