Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TC-01 / VEE Pro

Hello all,

I've purchased a USB TC-01 to monitor temperature and display the reading in VEE Pro.  I have the device recoqnized in VEE so all of the drivers are there.  I haven't worked with a piece of National Instruments equipment before and I am having a little bit of trouble getting it to do what I need it to do.

I've got the NI-DAQmx tree to show up but I am not sure about where to begin.  Not sure about the process flow to get the reading output.. do I create a task, define AI for temp...etc.

Sorry if these are noobish questions.

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,648 Views)

Hi Jon-

To start off, the TC-01 was designed to be plug-and-play.  You don't have to have any software to take measurements - you just plug it in and you can instantly log data.  If you have a few minutes and want a good laugh, check out this video.

That being said, if you open up Measurement and Automation Explorer, you should see your TC-01 show up with a device name under the Devices section.  If it does, then your device is ready to use.  I am not sure you will get much help here with integrating the hardware in VEE, but at least we can guarantee that it is setup correctly and ready to use.

I hope this helps.  Have a happy holiday season!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,626 Views)

For VEE you need to go to Agilent's web site, as they produce that software.

Be aware that DAQmx is designed for use with NI software. To call it from Vee you would need to make calls into the DAQmx DLLs directly, rather than being able to use the nice functions available in, say, LabVIEW or LabWindows.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,619 Views)

I didn't think that I would get a warm reception being a VEE user lol.  But I was able to setup a task using the NI software and just recalled it in VEE... just finally dug deep enough.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,617 Views)

You sure get a warm welcome.

LabVIEW users feel pity for VEE users and try to help always.

have a nice Xmass

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,602 Views)

Hello to all colleagues,

I am trying to make calls from Keysight VEE Pro into the DAQmx DLL, but the VEE Pro requires AGniDaqmx.h file. What to do when such a file doesn't exists?

Thanks for any suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,186 Views)

Hey mporiz,

Do you know what specifically the VEE Pro requires from that header file that isn't provided in the DAQmx driver? Have you checked to see if Keysight provides or can identify where this header file is coming from?

What instrument are you trying to connect with? Our Instrument Driver network, may have a driver compatible with the DAQ device you are using.

Finally, in order to bring more traffic to this post, I would suggest creating a new thread, since this forum hasn't been active since 2010.

Best regards,

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,170 Views)

Hello BrinkHombre,

I attached an example of .h file that requires VEE Pro. It is only declaration of the procedures in .dll file.

I am trying to conect the National Instruments USB-6002 device. There are not any problems with connecting from any software of National Instruments, but the VEE Pro is not able to read from .dll library without .h header file.

With kind regards

mporiz

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,158 Views)

Hi mporiz,

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but there is a NIDAQmx.h file located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h\

As BrinkHombre suggested, it would be a good idea to create a new thread as this forum is over 8 years old. You will get much better visibility from a new post.

Noah B.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,146 Views)

Hello Noah.B

Thank you very much for your reply. But, unfortunatlely, I couldn't find the path \DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h\ in our computer.

We installed some software from NI when we purchased the USB-6002. But maybe something is missing. Wouldn't you know what it is?

And thanks also for your recommendation concerning new thread. But I will try to continue in this one.

With kind regards

M. Poriz

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,137 Views)