Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Communication with Sartorius PMA Scale

Hi. I Have Sartorius PMA Scale. It has usb port only. They work normally with the standard program from the manufacturer. I am trying to establish communication and get data from the scales using LabView. I tried to run examples from the library but I don’t see any data. I ask for your help in the form of a working example or advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,233 Views)

Which example did you run with which settings?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,208 Views)

sibis_0-1589803221962.png

sibis_1-1589803256095.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,202 Views)

2020-05-19 121323.png

I try to run the example "Get Weight" but an error 107380753 occurs. Settings described on screenshots.

What is wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,159 Views)

Hi

Finally had time to look at this. A framing error means that either the baudrate or other setting of the scale is different from your software.

In the software this is hidden in the initialize function, ope it up and see 1200 baud, etc

software settingssoftware settings

It is not very friendly to hide this in a subvi without a connector so you can change it from the main program.

Anyway you should check if your scale has the same settings or change the settings in the initialize vi.

Message 5 of 8
(3,140 Views)

Dear Albert, I tried changing the port settings, but the error still remains. How can I set the start bit. 

Technical parameters of the port as described:

Interface onnection USB, type B (virtual serial interface)
Format 7-bit ASCII, 1 start bit, 1 or 2 stop bits
Parity Even, odd, no parity
Transmission rates 600 to 57,600 bps
Handshake Software or hardware

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,120 Views)

Hi! It is hard to be stupid. Bud-rate on balance was wrong. Thank you very  much for your time. You was quiet right! 

Best regard! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,098 Views)

Hi

Congratulations.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,090 Views)