Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U2722a Keysight source measurement unit

Hi I am using the U2722a Keysight source measurement unit to mesuere the output current as the voltage is sweeping between any negative to positive voltages. I download the labview driver. The attached diagram shows the stepes I did to get the process. However, I noticed that when I change the limit current from 1^-6 A, I get the error "1074000000". If the limit current is fixed at its defualt value the programme is working smoothly, but I cannot get currents values higher than the limit one, any advice..?

Regards

IV SMU_1.bmpVoltage_current.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,899 Views)

Hi there,

As I understood, it is noted on the terminal description from the help section that the upper current limit is 1.0uA, therefore setting a current limit higher than the accepted value 1uA will normally result to an error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,841 Views)

Hi and thank you for your reply,

Correct, the 1uA is the default value of the current limit, however it can be adjusted according to the desire value.
I also attach here the vi of the voltage configaration.

Cofig Voltage.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,828 Views)

Hi,

Do you mind sharing your Labview file with me as I intend to do the same but I am not as experienced to work with Labview. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,416 Views)

Hi, sure, but may I know what your application is to serve you better? If you are just looking to use I-V measurements, I recommend using the BenchVue USB Modular SMU. It comes with the SMU.

If you are preparing to use FET or transistors, I think you can use U2942A Parametric Measurement Manager Pro Software, this one is the old software from Agilent still can be use under W10. For the program I prepare under LabView there are still some issues as I am also not professional in LabView. but happy to share...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,398 Views)

Hi Naifi64

Thanks for your quick response! We intend to characterize FETs, i.e., to use one channel for gating and two other channels for biasing two FETs (constant voltage). Do you think Parametric Measurement Manager Pro Software works with our U2722a (we only work within -+2 V for gating)? Also, do you think your LabView program can work with some tweaks? I appreciate your help and time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,382 Views)

Hi

Parametric Measurement Manager Pro Software has some limitations but can still be tested for your case. For my LabView program I cannot do the full characterization of FET (changing Vg and Vds), but I did the Vg vs Id measurements which is fine with my experiments which it cannot be done with the Parametric Measurement Manager Pro Software.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,378 Views)

Hi naifi64

I had to create another account to be able to reply to you. Thanks for your explanation. I will definitely try manager pro software and could you please share with me the LabView program of yours. I want to give that a try too. Thank you so much for your help with this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,351 Views)

Hi Nai64,

I was wondering if you were able to resolve this 1uA current limit issue?

I’m facing a similar problem where we can not measure higher than 1uA even though the system should be capable to go to as high as 120mA

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,293 Views)

Hi.....

With Labview still I am facing the same issue, but you can go up to 1 mA current limit/current range (1 up to 120 mA), then it will work. I noticed that the current range should be compatible with the current limits then it will start to collect the data. But at this low level of 1uA still facing the issue. If you want simple IV measurements, I recommend using BenchVue Power Supply App, where u can have the low range measurement to 100 nA. Hope this will help...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,275 Views)