From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning On/Off DO-400

Does anyone know of any resources or offer any help writing LabVIEW code to turn on/off output ports on the DO-400 module? I would like to eventually turn the ports on/off based on some conditions but write now I just want to turn the ports on (5 V) then off (0 V). I have tried using Express>>Outputs>>FieldPoint it wants me to write to it but I am unsure what to write. Is there any easy way to just turn on then tell it to turn off? ANy knowledge base articles or tutorials are more than welcome. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,756 Views)
In MAX, you are able to write either a 1 or 0 (Boolean Values). I wrote a 1 to it but I did not get a high output on my digital multimeter. I was expecting 5V level. I figure in LabVIEW I would jsut write a one or zero to the heaters. But I have nto figured that part out yet.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,748 Views)
Figured it out...You must supply a DC Voltage to the cFP-DO-400 module for the digital outputs the 5 V TTL signal issued is only to turn on the internal transistor switch. When on this allows the Vsupply to go the the load (digital output). I originally didn't wire the supply b/c I jsut wanted to use the TTL signal as my ON signal. But after re-reading the manual found that I couldn't do that.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,743 Views)