Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tulip.dll not in passport list

I need to use an agilient GPIB IO module but I cannot find tulip.dll in the passports section of NI Max. I re-installed NI-Visa to no avail. Do I need the keysight IO lib suite? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,161 Views)

In NI-VISA 19.0 you are right. There is no tulip passport. I know its there in NI-VISA 17.5

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,126 Views)

Hi rohith2!

What operating system is your computer running?

What version of NI VISA is installed?

I have also attached an article that highlights where this driver should be located within NI MAX and the VISA Options.

"Using Both NI GPIB and Keysight HPIB Controllers in the Same System"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9t6SAC&l=en-US

Best,

Carolynn V.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,125 Views)

Hello, We are facing similar problems, nivisatulip.dll not showing up on the passports list. We tried to install an older NI-VISA version (17.5) but still no nivisatulip.dll found. Maybe this is because some of the NI-VISA packages are still from version 19.0 like NI-VISA Configuration Support and NI-VISA Interactive Control.

Running on windows10.

Please advice how to fix the problem.

How to install an older version of NI-VISA if it is even a viable fix? Will the older version be compatible with LabView 2018?

Best regards

Pauli

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,009 Views)

I also experienced the absence of Tulip passport after installing LabVIEW 2019 64-bit. However I then reinstalled using LabVIEW 2018 SP1 32-bit + NI-488.2 18.5 + NI-VISA 18.5 and the passport was there. I suspect that its presence correlates with bitness of LabVIEW rather than with the version.

Message 5 of 13
(4,995 Views)

Thanks. Reinstalling the individual drivers etc. did not help. But after reinstalling the whole LabView software and 18.5 version of NI-VISA now it seems to work.

Message 6 of 13
(4,961 Views)

I will try to re image my machine and re install labview with 18.5 VISA. When I simply remove VISA 19.0 and install 18 / 19.5, the passport was still unavailable and real time also gets corrupted. My FPGA says no longer supports all the features. Maybe all of labview needs to be installed again. Will keep everyone updated.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,952 Views)

Hello all!

I have attached an article below that details how to retrieve the Tulip.dll so the passport can be enabled in NI MAX.

"VISA Tulip Passports Are No Longer on My System"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CnsSAE&l=en-US

Best,

Carolynn V.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 8 of 13
(4,910 Views)

I get an error if I try to run that batch file. See attached.

As a workaround I tried extracting the MSI file (NIVISATulipPassport.msi)that gets copied to the temp folder. When I try to install that it tells me I already have a higher version of NI-VISA TULIP Passport installed. How do I uninstall a higher version that seems to be missing in the first place?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,668 Views)

I'm having exactly same issue. Hope it can be resolved as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,625 Views)