From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install PCI-GPIB on a Windows 7-x64 system, variety of errors and problems

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to install a PCI-GPIB card in my Windows 7 system and after installing NI-488.2 version 2.7.3.49152, I have been experiencing problems, and the card itself will not interface with any software. I have tried reinstalling the driver several times to no avail.

Problems experienced:

No applications included with NI-488.2 will run (welcome, troubleshooting, etc.) They will terminate with "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" upon execution.

When I open MAX 4.7.0f4, I get no errors until I try to expand the "Devices and Interfaces" tree. At that point, I receive:

The nipalsys.dll plug-in caused an exception in the
CmxSysExpertManager::InitializeExpert function in the NIMax process.
See these files for details:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20120325_152833-NIMax-
00001BD4.log
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Logs\20120325_152833-NIMax-
00001BD4.dmp

The log is attached.

Finally, in Device Manager, the PCI-GPIB shows up with a yellow triangle with exclamation point, with the device status "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

What should I do? I found somewhere the mention of problems when computers use PAE, but my computer is x64 and thus with 8GB of RAM is not utilizing PAE.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtl3

Tried driver v/3.03, problem fixed.

Message 2 of 4
(3,912 Views)

hello i m interrested could you give me the link to download it please ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,782 Views)

NI-488.2 drivers are available on our website.

Here is the link to version 3.1.1 that was mentioned in this post

This link is to version 17.0.0 which is the most recent version of the driver

Matthew C.

NI | AE

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,774 Views)