Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to use a multimeter with gpib32.dll and mingw32 application

Hello NI experts,

I am trying to develop an application with mingw32 (windows 7 - 64 bits) to control an external multimeter via GPIB. Manual explanation (370428.pdf) seems pretty forward. There is the direct access method (case 1) using the gpib-32.dll (or ni4882.dll).

Case 1 is not working. I am using the code found in the direct access examples.

ni4882Lib = LoadLibrary ("C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\gpib-32.dll");

I tried both gpib-32.dll or ni4882.dll (using respectively ni488.h and ni4882.h in my code). It seems the dll cannot be loaded.

I also tried the solution (case 2) from an old post on this forum as the setup seems similar.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Access-ni4882-dll-with-Qt-and-MinGW/td-p/198...

In this case, I have created the object file from the dll. So far I am able to compile using directly the API. But as soon as I am running my exe file in the enduser software. I have a timeout and it stops (even code is not going through any of the ibxxx command).

I miss probably something but I cannot figure out what (32 bits / 64 bits / compilation options / ...)

Any advice on either case 1 or case 2 is welcome.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Serge

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,090 Views)

Hello NI experts,

After discusssin with some people. My issue is related to our system setup. COde compiled is executed on a different CPU that cannot access directly the GPIB adapter. We will need to find another approach

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,039 Views)